Thursday, October 3, 2013

CLOSE TO THE EDGE......

"The edge.....there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where It is are the ones who have gone over."..........Hunter s. Thompson.........Thank goodness for pictures, they can validate your memories in color and something you can enjoy over and over.  This is not only in my humble little circle of life, but with TV, movies and books others can share with us the many sights and places we personally cannot enjoy in person.  As I write this I am enjoying a fabulous journey through PETRA.....a far away beautiful and unique place in another part of our world. I was in Jerusalem.....so close to seeing it myself, but NOT. Pam and I have a closeness that only a mother and her oldest daughter can know and feel.......we went through a lot together when she was young. Face it you never know......."We all have ideas about love and death.  We keep a close eye out for them our entire lives, seeking one and avoiding the other, knowing all the while that both are mostly beyond our control. It is a both scary and exciting predicament.  In the end, it all depends on how you look at it.  One thing is for sure; it is never quiet what you expect." I often wonder......how close to the edge am I?

No comments: