Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'M WITH ROBERT KIRBY......

I have been reading Robert Kirby's column for many years.  I love the way he looks at things and expresses them so understandingly.....
"We met for a reason, either you're a blessing or a lesson."  Think about how true that sentence is and you can answer so many questions.
Now to Kirby: A lady complained how little faith in the church Kirby had and he said, "I sent the woman a copy of LDS apostle Jeffrey Holland's recent conference talk  ("Lord, I Believe"), in which he said, "I am not asking you to pretend to faith you do not have.  I am asking you to be true to the faith you do have."........He says, "If that isn't recognition that people aren't the same when it comes to faith, I don't know what is.  What I do know is that it's OK for me to have doubts as long as I focus on what works for me." "It took a long time to figure out that faith is a deeply personal matter, and I  could drive myself nuts trying to fit someone else's circus under my tent.  So I stopped......I didn't stop being faithful.  I stopped stressing about the things I didn't have much faith in and focused instead on what did it for me.....Ironically, I don't just get this zero tolerance, everybody-the-same-all-or-nothing faith logic from fellow churchgoers." This is so the way I feel, I believe deeply but don't agree on everything.  How can you go on without faith and love, it would be a sad and lonely life.

No comments: