Wednesday, April 3, 2013

GIVING THANKS.....

HELLO......does this tree have something to be thankful for or not???  Somehow it decided to grow where it was planted, seems the two big rocks are there to protect and sustain it.  I think I have felt like I was barely hanging on before never realizing I had big rocks taking care of me.  I am sure it is very thankful as we should all be with what we have.  They say people who document what they are thankful for reap a host of health and emotional benefits.  For instance....1. Commit to Happiness. Journaling is more effective if you first make the conscious decision to become more fulfilled and more grateful.  I have also found blogging helps me think seriously about things. 2. Go for depth over breadth.  Elaborate in detail about a particular thing for which you are grateful....today the pharmacist took time to be sure I was aware of the side affects of my new medicine, he could have just said.."read the directions." 3.  Make it personal.  Focus on people you are grateful for not things.  Reflect on what your life would be like without certain blessings.  4.  Savor Surprises.......Record events that were unexpected or surprising, as these tend to elicit stronger levels of gratitude.  A surprising note thanking you for something can  boost your gratitude.  5.  Turn your gratitude list into a regular routine, not just occasionally.  6.  Teach your children to be grateful, they seem less grateful because they have never been without or had less.....so they have nothing to compare then and now with as most of us older folks do.  "REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL."

No comments: