Monday, November 4, 2013

Chapter #11.....around the world......

When Ann ask me if I wanted to go to RAROTONGA.......I couldn't say it or spell it.....much less know where it was located.  I discovered Rarotonga is located in the COOK ISLANDS.
It was a delightful island down the road from Tahiti.......same beautiful beaches, wonderful snorkeling and hanging on the beach.  Ann and I were back in the jungle area on the third floor and from our patio we could see the water and had the beautiful birds visiting us regularly. Some of the tour were in the bungalows on the beach, (ours the travel agent budget ones).....We took a bus around the whole island in about an hour......some rented bicycles to do it.  My first experience where they buried their relatives in their front yard and put up big monuments to grandpa and grandma. There was plenty of good food and good music and they made pretty tie dyed pareaus.  I would recommend this trip to anyone who wants peace and quiet and great water sports.

No comments: