Sunday, December 30, 2012

COUNTING DOWN 2012.......

AMEN......What lies ahead for America?  I guess you could say the world as we know it ends every day at midnight and a new one starts again.
This has been going on for ages.....sort of, because as an even older man, a Greek philosopher called Heraclitus is supposed to have said, "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river and he is not the same man.".....the river changes, the man changes constantly!  The world, as it was, as we knew it, ends every single minute. People die. People are born. Friendships are made and lost. Marriages, divorces, remarriage all take place.  Jobs begin, Careers end and begin.....Now is different than then, which was different than later.and will continue to change. You age one day at a time and hopefully grow into a better you.  But, bottom line is to enjoy every single moment of your life.  If its bad change it if you can, if its good, be thankful.
On this cold winter day I watch the little birds fight for a place on my bird feeder and feel happy I can make their day better.  I am going to dinner at the Cooks to celebrate my grandson Richie's 19 birthday.  I am thankful for so many things and I am happy the world didn't end on 12-21-2012!

No comments: