Friday, July 5, 2013

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN......

Had a great Fourth of July yesterday, one of the best for a long time.  These past 26 years or so there has been a big black cloud over the Fourth for my family. The girls and I were in Prescott with my sister and husband for the Fourth.  After the parade my Karrie and Dixie's Rachelle (standing) were in an old jeep driving back when for some reason it ran off the run and wrecked with Rachelle driving.  Rachelle was killed, my Karrie and a boy with them were not hurt!  Of course, I thank God everyday for sparing Karrie, but my heart broke for my sister losing her daughter.  Rachelle was a wonderfully talented, sweet, kind and religious girl, I can only say God needed her more than we did. Today Dixie and Odis are with her in a better place.  Korina, her sister will always miss her, as will my family.  We love you Rachelle and will never forget you!
I grew up in Colorado and rodeo's were a big part of my young life.  Mancos, Cortez, Dolores and Durango had a big celebration with rodeo, carnival and parade we always looked forward to. In those days......the cowboys were heros to young girls.  Brave, mostly young, big hat and boots and oh yes, those tight wrangler jeans accentuating their buns!  They were all good dancers, which was part of any celebration after a good rodeo.  Oh yes, loved the 4th.

No comments: