Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013....

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013.....I wonder how long it will take me to get use to writing this new year?  Been a great holiday, dinner at Tiberons last night and off to see "The Hobbit" today, not my favorite.  Got most my Christmas decorations boxed and ready to move on. It is freezing cold here today.
I watched the Rose Bowl Parade and the theme was "OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO".....My favorite DR. Suess book. 
"Congratulations!  Today is your day.  You're off to Great Places!  You're off and away!  You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  You're on your own.  And you know what you know.  And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.  OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO."  GO.....is my middle name. Talked to my sweet little sister this morning, and one of my best friends Patty this afternoon...I am so lucky. If this weather keeps up I may just hibernate all winter.  We were spoiled last winter, it was so mild.  Why do we start each year walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched.  Maybe this year, to balance the list, I should walk through the rooms of my life, not looking for flaws, but for potentials for the future.
"May all your troubles last as long as your New Years resolutions."......

No comments: