Saturday, August 11, 2012

SIMPLE ACTS OF KINDNESS.....

Winston Churchill famously said, "We make a living by what we get.  We make a life by what we give."
Wouldn't it be great if we got up every morning and ask ourselves, "what can I do today to make someones life a little better, easier or happier?" The trouble is we get up each morning and ask ourselves, "what can I do today to make me happy?"  Yes, that is important because if you are not happy it is hard to reach out to those who could use your help, but you can do both.  A doctor named Hamilton said, "that performing a kind act releases oxytocin--the same brain chemical that surges when you hold your baby or snuggle a puppy......which literally lowers your blood pressure.....consequently kindness is literally good for your heart.  Amelia Earhart observed, "A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees."
I am serious about this thought......so what can I do today?  Well, I have invited a dear friend to a movie treat and snack afterwards.  She works so hard everyday and takes so little for herself.....I hope she can enjoy it......I know I will.    August is flying, school around the corner.

No comments: