Wednesday, August 8, 2012

LONG AGO

O my is this picture long ago......Will the baby is almost 22, Tiff just turned 30 and is married and Nicci is almost 27 and just engaged.  Mother Pam turns 55 in a few days.......and the twins are 44.  I am so thankful for the people who have perfected the art of photography.  You know when you start filling out your gratitude journal.....be sure and include gratitude for photos and the wonderful memories we have to pass down through the generations.
Today I am off to have lunch with an old friend from my other life......whom I have not seen for many years, even though we have connected over the phone now and then.  When old friends get together we compare notes on growing old.  How everything keeps changing.  Now none of us have been this old before so it is hard to give advice to each other.....all we can do is laugh and wait and see what happens tomorrow. BUT, I guess as long as we can keep laughing at ourselves it will make it all easier to live with.
"I may not be there yet, but, I'm closer than I was yesterday."

No comments: