Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HOT SUMMER...COLD TREATS

I would say chocolate chip cookies are probably the center stone of the Peterson family.....I learned to make these a couple of years after I got married.  My neighbor gave me the receipt. I made them and we use oatmeal in them to make them chewy and I just used these as my comfort food ever since.  The one and only family receipt I ever felt safe to pass on in the family.  All three of my girls make these and they are the grand children's favorite.  My hips are a testimony of how great they are?
Also while we are on the subject of good things in our life, I was reading an article on 'What's your ice-cream personality'?  A bowl of any kind of ice cream -----"You're a future-focused go-getter!" You know a practical, efficient and mess-free, perfect for a no-nonsense go-getter.......A sundae....."You're an adventurous novelty-seeker."  You love to experience new things and travel to exotic places. A popsicle..."You're an in-control multitasker." Time is of importance, small portion-controlled packages easy un-wrap and you are ready. An ice-cream cone....."You're a risk-taker"  Tall, leaning defy gravity and suggests your comfortable with unpredictability. An ice cream sandwich...."You're a laid-back people-person" This sandwich brings two desserts together so do you bring people together with your warmth and friendliness. A milkshake...."You're a youthful dreamer".......Yes, this one is me.....Synonymous with childhood, the milkshake appeal to your kid-at-heart sensibilities.  This is one form of ice cream you can enjoy while you mull over your life!  And that is what old people do a lot!

1 comment:

Nicci said...

Yum! Love your posts gram!