Wednesday, August 26, 2015

WHAT'S YOUR STORY?

I have tried to be the best daughter, wife, mother, sister, aunt, grandma and friend.......I could be, but somewhere along the  way I guess I failed.......my husband walked out after 30 years, one of my daughters won't speak to me and I dare not think where else I have failed along the way.....All I can say is...."I TRIED".
As I get acquainted with people in my new neighborhood I am so interested in their stories of where they came from, if they have families, what their interests or jobs are and I find everyone has story!  We all do and when you share your journey with the world, you make sense of the past, look to the future, and invite insight into your life like never before.  I have written my story in blogs, journals, and just recorded some of it......it has become interesting to me.  All you have to do is start with "once upon a time and close with.....the end" ......Your story is a sacred visualization , a way of echoing your experiences for everyone to enjoy......and remember you.  Maybe the story of your grandmother was left in an old box of receipts.....as you thumb through them you start to remember not only the good times with her, but who was there, what you did and where you were and the memories are wonderful........Some people told about their lives in stories around the kitchen table.......true or not they were fun and entertaining.  Many begin their stories with a day by day entry of what they ate, where they went and what they thought.  And some only left a line or two written in stone on their graves, but it is a record of we were on the earth and what we did.
Quiet day....Relief Society teachers this morning, a quick shopping trip.......Sherrie called and told me about her morning.......she and Darren went to the temple with the Cooks to get Andrea's endowments....Oh yes, and my number one grandson called to tell his grandmother he had bought a house!  He was very excited and knew that would be good news to Gram.

No comments: