Monday, August 24, 2015

This is my Amen.......I have been single for 29 years......almost as long as the 30+ years I was married!  I no longer have to ask for money......if I can do something.....If what I am wearing is OK......I make my own decisions about money, time, people I love and places I go ......and when.  I like myself very much and being alone is no problem......Well, I do get lonesome some times.....but it is a happy lonesome.......and I know what to do to take of it......call a good friend or my sister.
             THE DEAD HORSE THEORY........
The tribal wisdom of the Dakotas, passed from generation to generation says that, "When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount!"  how can that be said any clearer?  But, oh how many couples do not realize this.
             Dorothy Parker says. " Years are only garments, and you either wear them with style all your life, or else you go dowdy to the grave."  Do you really notice peoples wrinkles and old age when they are fun and happy and have a good attitude......they can be so much fun and contribute much to your life.  Don't get all weird about getting older!  Our age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying us!
           I didn't hear from my sweet missionary again this week.......I guess it was transfer week and he had no time.
Lunch with Pam and Patty came by for coffee.

No comments: