Tuesday, March 5, 2013

CRINGING AT THE THOUGHT......

Was I really five once?  Here is a picture to prove it with my big bow and Shirley Temple curls and little sister JOAN who was two. As you can see I always loved life and looked happy.  Now many years later and much water under the bridge I look back at pictures of days gone by with love and good memories.
Most of us cringe at the thought of aging....as we set foot on this reluctant passage we can't help but wonder....what will the days ahead bring. Will our children stay in touch, will we start to dress dowdy, are we going to feel aimless.....even useless?  Life does not have to be lonely or aimless we can still fulfill many of our dreams and travel, watch our grandchildren grow up and succeed in life.  Don't think decay, dependence and death but determine to take care of your body, deepen your dependence on God and don't die before your actual date of decease.  I try to feel myself as a more mature, improved model of my younger self.  True the packaging is more wrinkled and lumpy and I move a lot slower.  But I do look ahead to see what God still has in store for me and thank him for each day he gives me.
If it's free, It's advice;.....If you pay for it, It's counseling;......If you can use either one, It's a miracle!

No comments: