Thursday, May 10, 2012

LOVE WINNING

I love winning......and it's better on my high blood pressure too.  Went to watch Richie play LaCross last night, they are in the final play offs for this year and it was the first game I had made it to.  The game was tied off and on which makes it even more exciting!  But, we beat Highland 5 to 4, and that's what matters.  Next game Saturday. Sports are such a great learning tool for children, and children learn what they live:
If a child lives with criticism he learns to condemn.  If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight (I have seen this in my family.)  If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.  If a child lives with shame, he learns to feel guilty. (I saw this with my little sister JO}.  If a child lives with encouragement, he learns to have confidence (I was always encouraged in everything I did, and had good self-esteem always.} If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.  If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice.  If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.  If a child lives with approval, he learns to like himself. If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, he learns to find love in the world.
To bad each parent doesn't have to memorize this when their first child is born and use it as a guide to raise their family.  I have seen some of these rules in action and I guess every parent is allowed a few mistakes. 

No comments: