Saturday, May 19, 2012

HOLD THE HOUSEWORK

In the last "Women's World" I picked up was an article that made my day......and I quote: "Hold the housework!'  Having a less-than-spotless home can cut your risk of autoimmune problem as much as 43%.  Living with a little dirt.....or maybe a lot....helps your immune system distinguish between healthy tissues and invading germs!"  Wow, can you believe that? Why would anyone live with a spot-less house and kill yourself. Through the years I have had a few little tricks I use when I get a little behind and someone drops by unexpectedly.  I keep a pile of get well cards handy and if the relief society visitors drop by I hurry and set them around, no one can condemn your messy house if you have been ill. Oh yes, and another good one is to hang some clothes from the closet around and leave the ironing board up, if you have been slaving over an ironing board all day, you can't possible clean up the house too. I should be really healthy as the older I get the harder it is to push the vacuum or mop and dirty windows keep the bright sun from fading you rugs and furniture.
"Be not afraid of going slowly:' be afraid only of standing still".  Chinese proverb

No comments: