Monday, September 9, 2013

I HAVE A CHOICE.......

The time is getting closer when I am going to be forced to be nice......or not...... to the person who ruined my marriage.  My X, his significant other and I are headed for a granddaughter's wedding in Minnesota.  They could even be on the same airplane there!!!! There will be the open house on Thursday night, Rehearsal dinner Friday and the Wedding Saturday......there is no way I can avoid her or ignore her.....or not....the whole time.  We have never said a word in the last 27 years since it all happened.  She has taken the hint and not showed up at the girls weddings, farewells, eagle scout awards etc......but I am determined.....for my children's sake..... to be the lady I have tried to teach them to be in these kinds of situations.......Bottom line: My X and I are not friends, we are not enemies, we are two strangers with the same memories of 30 years together. So I am praying every night for the strength to get through this and still enjoy it and make it happy for everyone else!
Resolve to make this week good; DAY 1; Think these thoughts....I have true promise, unlimited potential and infinite possibilities. #2.  Positive thinking can get me results.  #3.  Never underestimate the power of a smile. One person can make your day and one person can ruin your day with just a smile.  #4.  Why brace yourself for the worst when you can brace yourself for the best? Your decision.  #5. You can do whatever you set your mind to!  #6. What dreams need most is hope and faith......... a "I can not I can't" attitude.  #7.I am fabulous.......

No comments: