Tuesday, January 21, 2014

REALIZING......

Yea.....Yes......Yes.....I have watched my weight go up much to my doctors concern.....Then she tells me I have Pre-Diabetes......Well, that did it.  Six weeks ago I started cutting out my favorite two pieces of toast with lots of butter on it every morning.....to many goodies.....switched to popcorn. etc. no sweets......   Well I waltzed in today and have lost 7 pounds.........I even was so pumped I went to BIG LOTS and bought myself a pair of bathroom scales (which I haven't owned in years.......) and I am determined to stay away from bread, potatoes ,pasta and sweets!. It was not even my New Years resolution.
As the years have passed and I keep adding another number to my years......It is obvious that I entered into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains.  The inability to do the things I want has not been as obvious, it sneaked in unseen.   I slowly have come to realize I am on the 'back nine" and have no notion as to how long I may linger.
Each day getting into the shower getting dressed are my main targets.  Taking a nap is no longer a treat......it's mandatory Any regrets???
Of course.....there are things I wish I hadn't done, things I should have done and didn't, and things I'm happy to have done.   Time passes.  Do whatever you want to do quickly......WHY?
Today maybe the oldest we've ever been and the youngest we'll ever be...........

No comments: