Wednesday, August 27, 2014

CHAPTER #35.....around the world cont.

PUERTO PENASCO, MEXICO..... is a quaint little Mexican village......kinda fishing but mostly tourist.......many Americans who go down for the winter months for some fun sun.  Ann and I drove down for a week......my first driving trip in Mexico and I have to admit I was petrified most the time, but it was Ann's car and she was driving and wasn't fazed by it all.......We stayed part of the time at the Holiday INN which had a good breakfast and a fun happy hour......then to save money on Ann's budget we moved to a place that is hard to describe......well in fact I won't even go into it......but take my word it was bad.   I had a friend who went down every winter and so I looked Cleon and Dave up and we spent a couple of fun days with them.   One day they took us shelling........gathering pretty shells and one night they invited us over for a big bonfire on the beach with some of their neighbors.....We enjoyed the shopping and the cute places on the beach to eat.  I bought my wonderful Mexican fountain and Ann bought several pots so we came home loaded......the nice part of driving.  We stopped to view the LONDON BRIDGE in Lake Havasue on the way down and took in the largest yard sale.....where we could have spent many days, but they did not have a hotel or any rooms there.  Yes Rocky Point was a fun trip and I am glad Ann talked me into it.

No comments: