Friday, June 18, 2010

Walking With Grandma


There are many choices in our journey of life. "Our legacy in life we cannot retrieve. Our mark is surely made....by the footprints that we leave." I have decided age is just a number and mine is unlisted. At the right is a picture of my nine grandchildren. We have gathered at my swimming pool for many hours of fun together. Now they are growing up and I am growing old....er. The last six all learned to swim there, the younger ones copying and trying all the things the older ones were doing. Now everyone is a good swimmer and they still love to get together and have fun. I love the following poem because I think about my time with these little children and their patience.
"Walking With Grandma"
I like to walk with grandma, her steps are short like mine.
She doesn't say "now hurry up", She always takes her time.
Most people have to hurry, they do not stop to see,
I'm glad that God made grandmas, "unrushed"and young like me.
I hope my grandchildren always look at me thinking I'm just unrushed and still young, instead of slow because of old age and sore joints. Just spent two days with Sherrie's two youngest boys. yes, we went swimming, and are still having fun together. Thank you Brayden and Kennedy.

No comments: