Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sad Day


Tell me again. "Things Happen For a Reason.......just Believe". I'm having a hard time with this sentence, even though I operate every day on it. But one of my roommates, little Goldie Dog, is very sick and will probably be leaving us tomorrow. The doctors say an operation might fix her, but do not promise and it isn't fair to let her drag on in pain and not be able to use her back legs.
We are devastated, and my dog Gigi will be very lonesome without her little friend. Tiff got her when she was not attached and had a lot of time to spend with her, but now Tiff has Scott and will be getting married in four months and she will be locked up all day while they go to work, which is o.k., but I am sure Goldie would prefer her free life of coming and going through the doggie door into her fenced in back yard when she pleases. I have been through this before in my 78 years. We have had to put down many loved pets.............for their own good. Pam's dachshund, Stormy Dog. Our golden retriever, Chauser and little black dog, Stanford. My heart is still aching for my "Little Maxx", a little Yorkie that got run over by a car. Karrie put Sadie down, and Rob had to put his dog down. Darren ran over Sherrie's puppy Zoie and their dog Eskimo died. There will be other dogs in Tiff's life through the years, but she will always have a soft spot for her first little love "Goldie."

No comments: