Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fathers Day to my Dad


From day one I adored my father. He was tall and handsome, quiet speaking and very honest. His family was his life. I am the oldest of four girls, and finally a boy for him to fish and hunt with. He never showed favorites and was always supportive of the things we chose to do in life. If he had to punish us it was always a quiet talk,pointing out things he was disappointed in, which was harder to take than a whack or being grounded.......I never heard of grounding in my childhood days. I thought my father was the most handsome man in the world. Tall, slender, dark hair and grey eyes. I loved my last name, "Yeomans", very English. He was the oldest son in a family of eight and learned early in life to be a hard worker. He loved the outdoors, camping, fishing and hunting, so the family did a lot of that growing up. He died at 75, he had arthritis and heart problems. Mother had died of cancer 13 years earlier, he didn't feel he needed another woman with four daughters and grandchildren. I am sad I did not give my girls this kind of father or man in their lives, children with wonderful fathers should realize their blessings. Happy Father's Day Dad, thank you for a wonderful heritage.

No comments: