Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lonesome Sunday

Today is Sunday, the last one in June. Seems the weeks are busy and roll right along, then come Sunday and things just shut down. Families hang together and if you are single it can be a very lonesome day.......Thank goodness I have my health and can get in the car and go to a movie, shopping, out to eat or just for a nice drive when the weather is good, but it is still lonely. I like what Carl Burns said, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails, explore, dream, discover." This is so true, I just hope I can stay in my boat, trust the wind and the sails and keep going, right into the sunset of my life. We were born alone and therefore will die alone and maybe these lonesome days I have are just preparing me for that time. However, I do have a wonderful family that care and keep me from staying lonely very long.

No comments: