Sunday, March 21, 2010

AND THEN I DON'T FEEL SO BAD


As I face another birthday in less than a month, I try to think of all the things I am thankful for. I try to think "I'm not old, just older." I welcome each birthday, that just means I've lived another year, lots of people have not been lucky enough to live 78 years.
MY FAVORITE THINGS
Maalox and nose drops, and needles for knitting, Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up with string, These are a few of my favorite things.
Cadillacs, cataracts, hearing aids and glasses, Polident, Fixident, false teeth in glasses
Pacemakers, golf carts, porches and swings, These are a few of my favorite things.
When the pipes leak, When the bones creek, When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things, And then I don't feel so bad.
Hot tea and crumpets, corn pads for bunions, No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads, hot meals they bring, These are a few of my favorite things.
Back pains, confused brains, and no need for sinnin'. Thin bones and fractures, and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames, When we remember our favorite thing.
When the joints ache, When the hips break, when the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had, And then I don't feel so bad.

No comments: