Tuesday, November 7, 2017

THE CHRISTMAS SEASON......


Every year Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier!!!!
Pam and I went into Hobby Lobby in July.....They had a couple of shelves of 4th of July stuff.....a couple of shelves of Halloween stuff and a couple of shelves of Christmas stuff!......in the middle of the summer......They say Halloween is the second biggest holiday for the stores.  I have to admit I do love Christmas, the lights, the presents, the good food........and am really looking forward to putting up my tree and decorations.   I hope I can hold off till Thanksgiving,........ But maybe not!
When I was growing up it seems we went out in the woods and cut a tree about a week before Christmas.....There were not trees in all the stores and Santas on every corner........I'm not sure there was even a Santa in the whole town.....Mother bought a bag of nasty hard candy.......and after you licked several pieces and put them back......they all stuck together.  We made most the tree decorations and only got a couple of presents.  As we got older the Christmas Eve dance was the high-light of the holidays........and dinner at grandma and grandpa Goffs with the uncles, aunts and cousins on Christmas day finished it off.......we could do it all in a week!
MY HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED IN THE LAST 60 YEARS FOR ME?


No comments: