Wednesday, July 22, 2015

BIRTHDAYS.........

                   Spent a delightful day with my favorite bridge club......I have wonderful friends.   Did I win? No, I am lucky to win once a year......but I don't go to win, I go to enjoy the ladies I have known for so many years and compare our aches and pains, our children's lives etc.  Pam and Rob ask me to go to Island Park with them for the weekend of our 24th of July celebrations but I have already made plans with friends and need a little notice.  Hopefully one week from today I will sign over the house and can pay back my debts by the end of next week!!!!!HOPEFULLY.
                   Why do we celebrate birthdays....what is there in getting older?  Do the cake , candles and presents represent anything?  Some people celebrate special days like Christmas, baptisms, promotions etc.  There really isn't anything special about getting older......well, maybe 100 would be special.....it takes no effort......it just happens.....OR NOT!  Perhaps we should think of it as getting better.Yes, a shape of an old lady fits my choice now days......unless they come up with a cure for wrinkles, grey hair, poor eyesight and hearing and more aches than I can count.

No comments: