Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WORRIED MOM


A child having an operation no matter the age is a fearful day for any mother. Last Wednesday Karrie went in for a female operation and any time there is an operation there are many dangers, known and unknown. Hundreds of hysterectomies are preformed everyday, but when it's one of yours........it is different.
Rich and I waited it out together. She was scheduled at 10:30 and finally was taken in at 3:00. So still a "long sit" till she was back in a room for us to see her, about 6:00. She was really sleepy and kinda came and went until about 8:00 when Richard brought the kids in to see her. I couldn't believe they were going to get her up in the night and let her go home the next day. That didn't happen in my day and age.........Rules were laid down.......no driving, vacuuming or lifting heavy things for two weeks. It has been a miserable summer for her and I hope this clears up some of those problems. She has good helpers, Richie 16 and Annie 15.......then there is Scott 8......and grandma in a pinch. I'm glad to report, she is home and happy to be in her own little bed. I got the honor of taking Annie school shopping and help out with the driving to the swim meet and conference. Been a busy week. Pam said Laura Ruiz died. She was (Don's sister and his last sibling to die). I think she was 94-95. My cute oldest grandson called last night and wanted to come and swim with his girl friend and another friend. Mighty hot so I jumped in with them.
Counting the days until Sherrie and Brayden get home from Africa.

No comments: