Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pay Attention................


Every time you find a penny, examine it carefully and read the words on it. "United States of America"......"One Cent"...."In God we Trust"...."The date."
If you believe in God, the name of God is holy on a coin. Every time you find a coin you see that inscription. It is written on every United States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of us or even into our hands to tell us to trust in Him. Who am I to pass by a coin? Every day we handle dozens of coins which can be a constant reminder if we pay attention and are aware of the message on it, "In God We Trust." It can really make your days better. When I find a coin now, I try and check where I am with God, am I trying to be the best I can be, smile at someone, hold some one's door or let a driver into the line, or just say, "Thank you God for this day." I pick up the coin as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For a short time, at least, I can cherish this small coin as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of starting a conversation with me. " Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful where I travel."
And did you know? What is the most popular beverage in the world? Sorry, Coke and Pepsi is not the answer, it is tea. Today tea is the most popular drink in the world, except for water. In the United States over 187 million pounds of tea are consumed each year, that is about thirteen gallons per person. Both hot tea and ice tea are popular. Now you know........

No comments: