Saturday, August 7, 2010

I love Dr Seuss


How many people in this land have been entertained by the Dr Seuss books? I know they became part of my household when my oldest daughter was little and she is around 50 now. Our first book was "Green Eggs and Ham".......I love that Dr Seuss (or whomever) , is still on the same page as many Americans when it comes to liking the President, Mr Obama this is for you:
Green Lies and Ham
I do not like this Uncle Sam, I do not like this health care scam.
I do not like these dirty crooks, or how they lie and cook the books.
I do not like when Congress steals, I do not like their secret deals.
I do not like this speaker Nan, I do not like this , "Yes, we can."
I do not like this spending spree, I'm, smart, I know that nothings free.
I do not like your smug replies, when I complain about your lies.
I do not like this kind of hope, I do not like it, nope, nope, nope!
That little green little Grinch kinda reminds me of you know who..............just a different color.
Maybe we just need someone around us to lend a little humor to help us survive these very hard years ahead. You can do it Dr. Seuss.
Oh by the way did you know: where the pound cake got it's name? Originally a pound cake was made with one pound of flour, one pound of sugar and one pound of butter.....hence it's name. And the same logic is true of cupcakes. They are named because the original recipe called for one cup of each ingredient. And you thought it was because they are baked in those little paper cups..................

No comments: