Sunday, August 22, 2010

Busy Weekend


Such a busy weekend......the time is just flying and I haven't gotten in the nap I had planned to take. I got back from a two day trip to Vernal Thursday night, and Friday rushed to get ready to drive to Provo to meet my sister and niece who had driven up from Arizona. We had a fun evening in Robert Redford's Sundance Resort watching "Big River". We went up early and had a nice dinner in one of the restaurants. Met Mike's finance, her sister and aunt. My nephew was Mark Twain, always fun when you know one of the actors. It is a big out door place with seating that goes up the side of a hill. It's quite a climb up but they offer you a ride in a hay wagon looking thing. It was a beautiful night, but when that sun goes down you are glad you have a winter coat and a blanket. Leslie was just getting over pneumonia and the high altitude was making it hard to breath, so at the half we decided to head for the warm car. Of course the hay wagon thingey wasn't running at the half so hanging on to Korina, we old ladies crept down the big hill to the little warm store. I didn't get back to Salt Lake until 1:00 in the morning and I can't remember when I had been out so late! Saturday Leslie stayed with me while Mike and Korina went to the Salt Lake Temple. We shopped for material to make blankets for the kids, and she took a nap. They will leave tomorrow and her visits are never long enough for us to catch up on all our news. I love my little sister and worry about her health. She hadn't eaten enough breakfast and had a diabetic melt-down in the material store, it really scared me. We found some candy and a bottle of water and headed out to find some lunch for her. She really doesn't take very good care of herself...........Off to the Cooks for Sunday dinner.

No comments: