Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lunch With The Ladies


When the waitress finishes tabulating, the ladies start confabulating.
"Mine was the Chef's Surprise" Let's see,
"The tarts were a quarter and I had three...."
"Mine was a dollar-twelve, I think.....was the salad extra or just the drink?"
"No wait, if Joan had the Shopper's Plate,and three cents tax and five makes eight." "The way I figure, mines ninety cents"---And they never split the difference.
"And a tip would be?" What offers such mental aerobic ts, as femimine lunch time, mathematics?
How many times in our lives have we endured this scenario? Men just split the bill two or three ways and leave it at that. But ladies either ask for separate tickets or go through the little scenario above.
Why? I don't know. I guess we are just ladies.
This is what is left of our birthday club started many years ago and I mean many years ago. Pam was little and she is 52, so I would say close to 50 years. Originally there were eight of us.
Elyce Hutton, Ruth Raymond, Joy Brown, Bev Peterson, Lavern Leonard. The first four have since died and Lavern is house bound with a sick husband. This picture was taken on for my birthday at the Town Club: Elaine Sorenson (92), Pat Noall, and myself. Elaine and I are now single. Funny what a difference 50 years make. Elaine is real goer and works every day at their bank, she will probably out live both Pat and I. But I promise there is nothing better in life than old friends!

No comments: