Wednesday, April 28, 2010

54 years ago today!


54 years ago today I went from being an Airline Stewardess to being a wife.......I married Don L. Peterson an airline pilot for Western Airlines in Mancos, Colorado in the Methodist Church by a Mormon Bishop. Don's family drove down from Salt Lake City. It was the typical small town wedding, where everyone in town were invited, because I had grown up there and knew everyone. My best friend Janet Brown/McCabe was matron of honor and my father walked me down the isle.
We were married a little over 30 years, when he walked out on his family. We had three beautiful daughters and loved traveling around the world. BUT, "things happen for a reason......just believe." So here I sit on my 54th wedding anniversary trying to decide what color tile I want to put in on the back splash of my kitchen and what kind of dish washer and refrigerator to buy. I just remodeled my kitchen, putting in new cabinets and granite counters. It is so pretty. You never know where the road will lead you after you say "I Do"........ would I go back and do it again? Yes, I had to go through what I did to get to where I am today and have my three beautiful daughters. I am well, happy and surrounded by my loving kids and grandkids and good friends. I have been divorced coming up 24 years, good years. Seen the world, watch the grandchildren grow up and make me proud. But, on that very special day that comes around once a year it is hard not to reminisce a little. Perhaps spending 30 years of your life with someone is not meant to vanish in thin air, and some memories are o.k.
And I might add Happy Birthday yesterday to my baby brother (only brother) Jim.....64.

1 comment:

Nicci said...

what beautiful photos gram! I love you!