Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Cinco de Mayo (late)


Cinco de Mayo is a big day in our family........Some how yesterday got by to fast to wish my family a happy Cinco de Mayo.
Fun games, food and a pinata in the past was a tradition but, now the children are growing up and they do their own thing and I miss those fun parties. This is Andrea, Brayden and I celebrating one year in Sherrie's back yard, she is a good party giver.
I did go with a friend to "SUR LA TABLE" to a fun food demonstration put on by our Investment company.......Merrill Lynch and we had a Cinco de Mayo dinner party there. Everyone had a very good time and they served the following: Non-Alcoholic Margaritas, Shrimp Ceviche and Spanish Tortilla, Asparagus, Sweet Potato and Fennel Gratin, Seared Flat-Iron steak with red wine pan sauce and mushrooms and for desert an Apple Walnut Upside-down cake with Brandy Cream. Now if Merrill Lynch could just make our stock folios be that good!
I have been up to my armpits these past two weeks remodeling my kitchen and very far behind in my blogging, but I really do have a pretty new kitchen and have learned a lot about remodeling! Hopefully the weather will co-operate and I can get to my yard and planting soon. We are all ready for summer in Salt Lake, and look forward to many more Cinco de Mayos.

No comments: