Saturday, May 22, 2010

Hanging out with the Simpsons



My sister and I luv, luv,luv going to movies.......now and then we hang out with stars. We met the Simpson family one afternoon.....with our popcorn.....to enjoy a movie. They are just plain ordinary folks. Homer the father and Marge the mother are loving parents to Bart, Lisa and baby Maggie, who can act like very normal children do.
When I was growing up in Mancos, Colorado, our little town had one movie house. It pretty much showed one or two movies a week. When I was really young, a Sunday Matinee was very special. Usually a Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis or Abbott and Costello comedy. In high school my best friend and I got a job at the movie. I sold tickets and Janet was an usher. Now we could get in free. Movies have become a big part of my social life. Being alone for the past 24 years, I don't depend on someone to entertain me. Why not go to a movie alone? After all you can't talk during a movie, so you don't need anyone to visit with you. I usually go to the early movie where it is day light and safe for a single woman to be alone. I don't have to ask someone , "where do you want to sit?" I sit where I feel like it. If the movie is sad....or not.....I can cry and not be embarrassed. If it turns out to be something I don't like, I can leave without upsetting anyone. I especially like Love Stories or Comedies, but I usually enjoy all the ones I choose to see. Do I have any favorite stars? Oh Yes!

No comments: