Friday, April 2, 2010

MARLEY AND ME


This is Karrie and Marley Christmas morning, the day after they got him from the pet store. The family met him Christmas Eve at the family Christmas party. Marley spent Christmas Eve curled up on Andrea's lap taking in his new family...........Well, a lot has happened in Marley's life since Christmas. The first part of the year he became a "father" of 10 beautiful puppies. The mother, Izzy also belongs to Karrie's family. He has grown up and is huge.....my dog Gigi and Tiffany's little dog Goldie give Marley lots of room around the house. Marley and I are having a battle to settle who is "alfa dog" of my house! I am baby sitting Marley and Izzy for the Cooks while they do Easter vacation in St. George. I can see now how he takes up so much of Karrie's time as he is very loving and clinging and wants to be right with you every minute. Marley loves me that I know and we have become very good friends, it's just that when we go up stairs I want to go first.........and so does he. When I tell him no, he doesn't listen till I use my grandma voice........everyone listens then! Having four dogs and two of them very large dogs is quite an experience. We are a family of dog lovers, all my children have at least one dog and we all pitch in and baby sit for each other. Sherrie took her dog with her to Mexico this weekend. Pam just got home from New York and her son tended their two, plus my x's dog while he is in China. Goldie belongs to my granddaughter that lives with me and her boy-friend has a dog. The dogs all get along thank goodness. Today has been nice and sunny and they have enjoyed being outside as long as they can see me through the sliding door. I think I will just stick to one dog, but the family knows grandma is a good dog sitter.

No comments: