Monday, April 5, 2010

What I think I know for sure.....or not!


There might have been a time in my life when I thought I knew everything for sure! But as the years have passed more and more I hear myself say, "I didn't know that". When I read Oprah's list of what I know for sure.........or not, there are a lot of her thoughts that ring true for me in what I have learned the past 78 years.
1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what. A smile, a kind deed, a word of praise for something well done.
2. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power. Yes, the choice is yours, so I made the choice that the higher I climbed the lower he would sink. It worked.
3. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you. You do have a choice here.
4. What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe. Your belief can become your passion and conviction in life.
5. I know without God in my life and the peace and help he has given me, my life would be very sad, lonely and empty.
6. There is no such thing as failure, only feed back. Stop, look and listen and learn from your mistakes and go on with your life.
7. Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn't lie. That little voice inside you is there for a reason so go with your "gut" feeling.
8. Love yourself and it will be easier to love others. Your body is not you, remember that. You are where you are in life from the choices YOU made, and the choices your parents made. Your religion, your education and the models you follow all come from your parents.
9. Every day brings a chance to start over. Take that new day and choose to make it even better than the last.
10. Being a mother is the hardest job on earth. Women everywhere should stand up and declare it so. It is also the most rewarding job on the planet to be a witness to the job you have done.
11. When you don't know what to do, be still and let the answer come. We already have all the answers to our life, we just need to chose the right road that leads to them.
12. This too will pass, trouble doesn't last.
13. THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON............JUST BELIEVE. This is the creed I live by.

No comments: