Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Life Is Full of Journeys


We take many Journeys in life. A journey doesn't apply only to physically leaving a place to somewhere else. Our life is filled with thresholds to cross and paths to walk, far beyond the realms of cars, planes and trains. A new baby can be the beginning of a new journey for a young couple, the start of a new career, purchase of a new home, the loss of someone through death or divorce are all journeys we embark on. But when I think Journey.........I think travel to somewhere fun and exotic.......or not. Along the way of my years of travel I have collected fun thoughts about traveling from other people.
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." Lao Tzu
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen" Benjamin Disraeli
"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time." Steven Wright
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost."
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware. " Martin Buber
"Don't tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have traveled." Mohammed
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
"The map is not the Territory."
"The only real journey is the one within." AND a very good thought I found the other day sums it for me.
"The saying, "Getting there is half the fun" became obsolete with the advent of commercial airlines! Security searches, clothes off, no carry ons, high price to take your clothes and bring home your dirty ones. No food, pillows, blankets and some charges for drinks of water or pop.
I have flown around the world, but I have decided it is time to stay home and enjoy the travel channels on TV.

No comments: