Sunday, November 23, 2014

INVISIBLE OR NOT?

Have you noticed.....at around 50 or so many woman just become invisible......Some think a woman becomes invisible in middle age?  Many love it.....they feel it is liberating.  I don't like the thought of becoming invisible at any age but there are some perks to it.   You know for the first time since puberty, what you are on the outside is less of a distraction from who you are on the inside.  People seem to trust you more and every conversation can be purely, completely human. When I was a young person.....especially a stewardess...I got lots more attention than  I do now. Busy waiters and even randy construction workers.....look right through me now......they just treat me like I am ancient......and so we are free to be purely human together.  Yes, invisibility may be imposed on aging woman, but transparency can be welcomed.  The weekend has flown by with packing, packing, packing.....If I live long enough I will conquer it!  I know....like God said, "it wouldn't be easy....but it would be worth it."  Well, my kids keep telling me, "Mom it won't be easy to move, but it will be worth it!"  Our first snow of the year today, but melted already!
o

No comments: