Tuesday, November 18, 2014

CAN'T I KEEP IT?????


Well, my days are numbered.......A couple of more weeks and they will take away my furniture.....and I will move in with my kids!  Karrie and Pam came this morning and finished....almost.....cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and drawers and freezer......they threw away most of it!  Yes, I'm a saver and don't bother much with the dates on things.....when the can puffs up I figure it's time to throw it out.  So many things....only things.....what to keep, what not to......  Like my Alaska Ulu Knife!  I brought it back from my Alaskan Cruise, I haven't used it much, but might some day!  For almost 5,000 years, the Ulu knife has played a primary role in the life of Eskimos...... and I am not an Eskimo.......these hand crafted knives were primarily used by the Eskimos for the skinning and cleaning of a variety of ocean life......of which I never intend to do!  Originally the Ulu blades were made from polished slate with carved bone handles.  Today the Ulus are continued to be used but have stainless steel blades ad wooden handles.  Very popular in Alaska and Canada in the kitchen for chopping and mincing.  I am keeping it.....along with too many other fun things.....I don't need!

No comments: