Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Ain't it da truth?

WOW......what a day!   Today was clean out the garage day!  Pam arrived with the pickup truck and Sherrie surprised me and came in and the three of them made three trips filling everyone's car to store or dump off all the treasures of many years........Nice clean garage tonight.....I am a basket case trying to keep up with them.  The big push to clean out and throw away is about over....down to my closets and clothes......and I need to do that by myself!  Started wrapping Christmas presents to take over to Pam's house .....still have about three weeks until they move the furniture and I move in with the Panniers.........Days like today bring on the aches and pains along with the storm that is moving in.....a doctor appointment in a couple of weeks for the annual physical.....
Thought I'd let my doctor check me, Cause I didn't feel quite right.........
All those aches and pains annoyed me, And I couldn't sleep at night.
He could find no real disorder, But he wouldn't let it rest.
What with Medicare and Blue Cross, We would do a couple tests.
To the hospital he sent me, Though I didn't feel that bad.
He arranged for them to give me, Every test that could be had.
I was fluoroscoped and cystoscoped, My aging frame displayed.
Stripped, on an ice cold table, While my gizzards were x-rayed.
I was checked for worms and parasites, For fungus and the crud,
While they pierced me with long needles, taking samples of my blood.
Doctors came to check me over, Probed and pushed and poked around,
And to make sure I was living, They wired me up for sound.
They have finally concluded, Their results have filled a page.
What I have will someday kill me:  My affliction is OLD AGE!
I guess that is something I already knew......and like they say.....you start dying the day you are born.....and it will happen to every one of us.

No comments: