Thursday, February 9, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAT......


Well it was bridge day which fell on Pat.s birthday so I went all out.......Well not really but decided to step out of the box with my bridge group.  I told them to come in their levies, tennies , jog suits or what ever they wore all day.......THEY joined in the fun.  Ken and I went shopping to Good Will and Savers for a set of dishes and glass wear that did not match....plastic table cloth, paper roses center piece.........the favors were plastic shower caps for left-overs , from the dollar store.....knapkins were wash cloths..had an open bar.....which they loved and served french dip sandwitches from Costco.......all the silver serving pieces etc. were from the dollar store.....when you have a party, you got to hit the dollar store......anyway it turned into a big success.  I had to promise I would not tell anyone that it was Pat's birthday.......so only she and I knew we were having a birthday party....but the others really celebrated it!
Pat and her husband David have been some of the few that remained loyal after our divorce......they never took sides and loved both Don and I till this day......Real friends do that!
Bottom line.......today I am pooped and took two naps.....but no more parties here for a year.

No comments: