Sunday, April 6, 2014

FIRST STEP.....

Reading this little quote......while listening to the last session of the Mormon Conference today......really started me thinking about EVERY THING WE DO STARTS WITH ONE STEP IN SOME DIRECTION!   Even our lives began with our first breath and our lives continued with many "firsts" those first few years. No matter how many books you write or how many pictures you paint......each is an individual and has a first step to begin it........  At 82 (almost).....I am still witnessing many firsts.......and I am enjoying every single one.  I had never stopped to think....yes, every novel starts with a first line, every painting with a first brush stroke and many of our lives adventures with the word "YES"......good and bad. Think about some of your "Firsts".
I think most people will agree life is just more fun when you are treated to happy surprises.......Like a bouquet of flowers, a call from a long lost friend or an afternoon off on the first beautiful day of Spring. I think our homes need some joyful surprises too.......little touches here and there that make us pause and smile.  Pick a bright  new color and do something to give your home and life some verve.  I bought a new rug, got some new pillows, painted a wall and added some fresh flowers in the bright yellow color I decided to add......to brighten things up.    Every home and person will enjoy something different.....a new picture, a new piece of furniture or light fixture.  I am always adding and subtracting something new and it is what keeps you from getting in a rut.
Sherrie and Ken coming to stay all night, Pam and Rob will be home and pick up Bree and I have volunteered to sit with Scottie a few hours every day while Karrie does chores all next week..  He is to be very quiet for two weeks and let his brain heal from the concussion.......doing nothing is not a Scottie thing!   THIS TOO WILL PASS.........

No comments: