Saturday, April 7, 2012

BACK TO THE REAL WORLD......

This cute little boy is now 18 and after not shaving for two weeks got off the airplane from the Philippines last night with a mustache and beard....oh no.....he is so grown up!  Rich got home from the 2 week work trip with YMAD (youth make a difference) last night with 30 some other boys and girls.  As I read their blogs home to their families the past two weeks, my heart was filled with hope.....they could not understand how there could be such happy, loving, giving children, smart and eager to learn and share, who have practically nothing compared to their lives in this world.  What a wonderful experience.  Simple home lives, simple food always giving and helping others.  Some of the brave girls wrote of holding big banana spiders and how the big sport was to get two and watch them duel it out till their death!!!  They were very tired after the long plane ride home and happy to step off into the loving arms of their families. As they are whisked back into their world of fast food, google,Cell phones, texting, YouTube, Twitter, Face book and "I" everything you can imagine......their real world.  How I wish every child could have the opportunity to visit these different places around the world.  Hopefully it helps the kids to appreciate home and their lives a little more and realize how lucky they were to be born in the good old USA.
I had another grandson, Brayden, who went to Ghana and built desks for  a new school.  He saw the poverty, frugal living of those people who were very happy and appreciative of all his group was doing.
As I am about to add another year to my life I am trying to fit into this busy world of computers, kindles, cell phones and texting, digital cameras, skype, face book, pintrest, blogs and emails.  I just say thank you, to my three daughters who are raising my nine grandchildren to be such wonderful people.  I am a proud grandma............

No comments: