Saturday, December 10, 2011

IT'S A GOOD DAY!



Mertle says: It's not that life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as expected. I just choose to be Happy and Grateful no matter how it turns out............

I guess it's just time to stop and think.....someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that "EVERY THING HAPPENS FOR A REASON." I so believe this, infact I have "Things Happen For a Reason.......just believe" written on my kitchen wall as a every day reminder.

As my sweet grandson Alex, turns 19 and has been assigned a Brazilian Mission for two years, I keep thinking of him as this darling baby with so much charisma, of the baby sitting, of the vacations, of how I will miss him. I guess the only reason why we hold onto memories so tightly for so long is because memories are the only things that don't change, even when people do. I am thrilled and excited about it. I know that if you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.......and that is all that really counts.

Last night my youngest grandson Scottie spent the night with me. Such an intertaining little fellow. We dined on pizza and pop, followed by ice cream bars. Isn't that what all grandmother's feed their grandchildren? A couple of hours of TV...... "Wipe Out", one of our favorites. Yes, it's things like this that memories are made of.

No comments: