Thursday, August 18, 2011

A SPECIAL DAY 54 YEARS AGO TODAY.....



I became a Mom 54 years ago today......A baby girl I was so thrilled. Pamela Marie. Middle name after my mother and me. She was the first grandchild on my side of the family so was very special to my family. Her father would have preferred a boy, but that is the way with men. She was an only child for 11 years until the twins were born. She always ask for a baby sister and had named her Karrie. So when she eventually got a baby sister......plus one, we agreed on Sherrie to go with the name Pam chose. She was a great big sister. Pam learned to play the piano, ski, swim and played Barbies. She learned to do beautiful hand work and got many awards at the fair. She was always a hard worker and still is. A first child and a daughter always have a special place in a mother's life. She married one of my favorite people Rob, 32 years ago, and had my first three grandchildren, Tiffany, Nicole and William. She has a great family and we have had a lot of fun together. Happy Birthday Pam!




No comments: