Saturday, June 18, 2011

THE QUESTION?

Ying or Yang???? Every moment in your life is a "once in a lifetime" event. Be it a birth of a child or grandchild or the time your battery died in 6 o'clock traffic. At the time you don't realize the impack it makes on your life....but it has it's affect.
Why do we just slide by these moments and forget them? They are there for a reason, trying to tell us or teach us something. Some moments are tender...some are not!
Today was one of those moments. It was garage sale day at the Cooks for Richie. He is going to the Phillippines next spring with a group called Youth of something......I can't remember. Karrie has worked very hard putting the garage sale together down to the last detail. Ask neighbors to clean out their closets, the family all donated to help out. Sherrie brought a big load in from Vernal, Pam & Rob donated some very nice items and I found many treasures to donate. Karrie called one store that donated 8 dozen doughnuts, a pizza company donated 8 pizzas. All they ask is you put up a sign acknowledgeing their donation and willingness to help out a young person. Rich became very involved, and little sister Annie was very willing to help out. It got very warm and setting up is work as is cleaning up but, I never heard one cross word from anyone. We had a good turnout and did all we expected to do. Next week my condo is having a garage sale and I will try and sell some of the things we had left over to day. It is a good feeling to work together as a family and I realize now "every moment in my life is a once in a lifetime event." There will be other garage sales, other fun times with my grandchildren, but I also realize how important today was for me and hope I contributed in some small way.

No comments: