Friday, June 10, 2011

NOT "DUNROVIN" I GUESS



Every time I think I need to hang my "Dunrovin" sign over the door I find myself thinking about packing and traveling again. I am off to New York and a cruise up to Canada in October with my sister and family. Kar did invite me to go with them over Christmas, but said I'd stay home and tend the dogs. Then I decided I needed to do something fun to celebrate my 80 birthday next year so I signed up for a cruise with my three girls.......YES! On this cruise I can add two more countries to my over 100 countries I have visited in my life time. My goal was 100 countries by the time I was 70, I did it and now belong to the "100 Countries Country Club."

Not much turns me on now days, but a map or a travel brochure really does it. I soak in, wallow in, inhale and immerse my self in each and every new culture I come in contact with. I look forward to adding Beliez and Hondurous to my growing list of visited countries. And have withdrawls if I don't get to Mexico now and then. It's a big world folks and there are millions of wonderful people in it. Some are different colored, use different kinds of money and toilet paper and languages. But more and more McDonalds, french fries and cokes are tying us together with at least one common bond-----"food."

Each of us has our own Life Dance......our way of moving through the world. Thanks to airplanes, ships, taxis, buses etc. I have joyfully been perpelled around the globe, loving every minute of my world's travels. Off to lunch at Shirleys for our big afternoon of Mexican train and catching up on our latest news. Yesterday it was Patty's late birthday lunch, life is good.

1 comment:

Tiffany (Pannier) Hortin said...

I am SO happy to hear you are still rovin' the world. :) I love you gram and you make me a very proud granddaughter!