Sunday, December 19, 2010

TRADITION OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE



This is the whole family taken at Tiffany's wedding......I am the matriarch of this bunch.......Yes! Christmas is five days away and we will all gather around my Christmas tree to celebrate.
The tradition of the Christmas Tree says: because a Christmas tree stays green all through the year, the evergreen tree is symbolic of the eternal life offered to Christians through faith in Christ. The treetop points heavenward. A star signifies the special star which guided the wise men to Bethlehem. Lights represent Christ, the "Light of the World." Gifts beneath the tree are representative of God's gift of His only begotten Son, who brings Hope, Love, Joy and Peace. I guess we just accept all of this without really knowing why: Now you know!
It was great having my second grandson and his friend spend the night with me. A fun visit this morning before he left. Then a favorite nephew Mike and his son came by this afternoon with a Christmas gift.......a book and a gift certificate for some movies, two of my favorite things. If only everyone could feel the love I do from the people in the picture plus my extended family, there would be no lonely, unhappy people alone this Christmas Holiday........My heart is full of gratitude today.

No comments: