Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Coffee Time


We think of our monthly meetings as coffee meetings, when they are really therapy sessions. This is Patty and Ruth, long time friends, who knew me in my other life (BD.....Before divorce.)We were neighbors, our kids grew up together and we knew each other in better times. None of us live in the old neighborhood anymore. I left first, after my divorce, Patty left next when they lost their house and Ruth was the last one to move. But thank goodness, our friendship has endured and we are still there for each other. There are very few secrets between us and we can just let it all hang out and listen to the problems that keep arising in any person's life. Our kids are all grown, but have taken different roads in life. Patti's family is very dysfunctional and are running her ragged, on top of that she has a 96 year old mother that is very demanding she tends. Ruth's health has been bad as has her husbands. Her girls have done great, but the boys have caused her some heart aches. Thank you ladies for always being there for me for listening and not judging and letting me know that what happens at coffees stay at coffees.................. and I hope we have many more years of therapy/coffee meetings.

No comments: