Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Clock Keeps ticking......


What in the world is better than grand-children? On the left is a picture of me and six of my nine grand-children all dressed up on Mother's day at the Willow Creek Country Club. On the right are six of my grand-children at a birthday party at my pool this summer. My brightest days are spent with one or more of my nine grand-children. Last night I went to the Home Coming Foot-ball game at Brighton High to watch Richard play foot ball. Brighton won and Rich played some. Today I spent a couple of hours watching Scottie play little league foot ball and it was grandparents day. It was a beautiful sun shinny day and last night was a great fall night to watch a game. A couple of years ago it was my oldest grandson William that played football as we sat out under the stars and enjoyed the games. Today he is a Sophomore at the University of Utah. They do grow up! And isn't that what you want them to do? But, I have a selfish wish that these good times could just go on and on and on.........I do know they won't so I'm really enjoying that the children love me and want me around. Some grandmothers aren't so lucky. Two weeks from today, Tiffany will be getting married, that's what we raised her to do, but are you ever ready for all the changes? Alex graduates from high school this year, Richie next year, yesterday they were babies. Why did I buy a highchair at a garage sale today????

No comments: