Saturday, March 12, 2016

FUNNY GETTING OLD.......

WOW......don't tell me that my life is slipping away.  I can't believe it has been six days since I did a little blogging......I did entertain the Domino Group and Patty came by once for coffee, but other than income tax can't remember what I did.......maybe I spent too much time in my pajamas??  Love this story , it is so true in the golden years!
           Leaving the store I couldn't find my keys......They were not in my pockets.  Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.....Frantically, I headed for the parking lot......My husband has scolded me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition.  He is afraid that the car could be stolen....As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right.  The parking lot was empty.   I immediately called the police.  I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car and that it had been stolen.
Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband....."I left my keys in the car and it has been stolen"......There was a moment of silence.....I thought the call had been disconnected, but than I heard his voice....."Are you kidding me?"  He barked.......I dropped you off!"......Now it was my turn to be silent, embarrassed. I said....."Well come and get me."
He retorted......"I will; just as soon as I convince the cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"......Welcome to the Golden Years........Oh well, nobodys perfect?
Guess I better go around and set all my clocks ahead an hour and then jump in bed and hope I can make it up to early church.........

No comments: